Sunday, January 13, 2008

Koenigs of western Pennsylvania


I've created this blog so I have a place to document any notes while I try to figure out my lineage, and so others who are interested have something to refer to. I've seen a lot of talk about Koenig's in eastern Pennsylvania, much of it dating back to the 18th century, but not much on westerners. I know there are a few Koenig families in western PA, though I'm not sure they're necessarily related, or even related to those from eastern PA. After all, Koenig is a popular German name.

Presently, I'm not well informed about who my forefathers were, nor am I about any distant relatives. Most of this is due to my parents separating when i was still quite young. I've always been interested in knowing who my ancestors were, but I haven't had any good communication with my father's side of the family for many years now.

First, a little about me:

My name is Clinton M Koenig. I was born on 14 April 1982 to Michael V Koenig and Sally A Koenig(Conn). My mother has already traced our ancestors of the Conn family by several generations. My GGGGGG. grand father was one Thomas Conn. He was born in 1772 in Down County, Ireland and died on 12 April 1856 in Port Washington, Tuscarawas County, Ohio. (link to forum)

I am son of Sally Ann Bott(Conn), daughter of Leander Duane Conn and Sally Ann Williams(George), son of Leander James Conn and Josephine Tropeck, son of Charles Livingston Conn and Margaret Bowland, son of Charles Pierson Conn and Amanda Livingston, son of Andrew Bruce Conn and Mary Provinces, son of James Conn and Elinor Bruce, son of Thomas Conn and Mary McElkany.

On my father's side, however, I only know who my grandfather was: Raymond A Koenig. All I know at this point is that he was born in 1917(I believe) and grew up somewhere near or in McKees Rocks, Pittsburgh, Pa. I know his mother's name was Ida, but that's it. My grandfather died in 1986, when I was still quite young. He died of some form of cancer. I know my family has more information and I've seen some photos of my grandfather and relatives that were quite old and in good condition.

I've only found a couple sources to discussions about Koenigs in western Pa:
Our Koenig Ancestors
GenForum

When I have more information on who my G. grandparents were, I'll be sure to post it and maybe there will be enough to trace my lineage further enough to link it to others' family trees. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or responses.

No comments: